This seedy granola bar is packed full of protein and is low in sugar compared to the shop bought equivalents. Bursting with nutrient dense ingredients, these granola bars are a perfect on the-run-snack or even a quick breakfast.
120g almond butter
75g coconut nectar
2tsp ground cinnamon
½tsp vanilla powder
½tsp sea salt
100g raw quinoa, soaked for 2 hours and drained well
100g rolled oats
40g shelled hemp seeds
50g pumpkin seeds
50g dried fruit
30g coconut flakes
2tbsp ground chia seeds
1tbsp poppy seeds
2tbsp ground flax seed
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Whisk together the almond butter, coconut nectar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Combine all the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour onto a lined, rimmed baking tray and press down evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the tin before removing to cut into slices.