This delicious Raw Dark Chocolate Bark is easy to make and adapt to your choice of different flavours and textures. The raw cacao powder has many beneficial nutrients including iron, calcium and magnesium which are all key to efficient metabolism, helping to boost energy levels. Cacao Powder is also full of anti-oxidants helping to reduce inflammation and healthy blood flow as well as lowering blood pressure.
125g raw cacao butter buttons chopped up small
60g raw cacao powder
50g maple syrup
Pinch of salt
1tsp vanilla essence or doterra oils of choice
Optional for texture: chopped nuts, seeds, raisins, freeze dried raspberries, goji berries, desiccated coconut etc.
Doterra Oil Combinations to try
Per 100ml of basic raw chocolate:
- 3 drops lime & 4 pepper
- 4 wild orange & 3 rosemary
- 2 geranium
- 3-4 peppermint oil
- 3 cardamom & 2 ginger
- 5 on guard
- Weigh out all ingredients. Line 2 large plates or small baking trays with parchment and prepare your chosen textures and place in a bowl.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil and then reduce the heat to medium.
- Place cacao butter into a small bowl and place on top of water in saucepan.
- Add the maple syrup, salt and sieve the cacao powder over the cacao butter.
- Do not stir until 30% of the butter has melted.
- Stir gently until all the ingredients are incorporated and just melted and when the temperature reaches 42°C it is time to temper the chocolate. (Try not to let temp rise to much above 42°)
- Remove the bowl from the saucepan and dry the underside of the bowl being careful not to get any water or steam into the chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate into a clean dry bowl and using a silicon spatula or balloon whisk, move the chocolate around the bowl gently but continuously, scraping the sides of the bowl clean every few seconds ensuring the chocolate cools evenly. This may take up to 5-10 mins.
- The chocolate will begin to thicken and once it has reached 31.5°C then the chocolate is tempered and ready to use.
- Add the vanilla or your chosen Doterra oils and stir to combine and distribute through the chocolate.
- Gently pour the tempered chocolate onto your prepared plates or baking trays and scatter with your chosen texture (chopped nuts, seeds, dried fruit, coconut)
- Transfer to a refrigerator to set. This should take about 10-20 mins.