This quick and easy blended mousse is packed full of healthy fats and natural sweetness and makes a light and refreshing end to any meal. The ginger nut crunch adds texture and flavour as well as adding fibre to help slow the digestion of the sugars.
Ginger & Coconut Crunch
- 40g oats
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 20g almonds or walnuts
- 20g cashew or pistachio nuts
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 30g coconut oil melted
- 150ml silken tofu
- 10g Baobab
- 20g dates, pitted, soaked for 20 mins in hot water then drained
- 150g ripe mango peeled stoned and cubed
- Zest of 1 lime and ½ of the juice
- ½ fresh ripe avocado (65g) (or frozen and leave out the ice cubes)
- 2 ice cubes
- 30g melted coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place all the crunch ingredients, except the coconut oil, into a food processor and pulse until it resembles soil.
- Add the melted coconut oil and mix until everything is coated.
- Transfer the soil onto the lined baking tray and spread out in an even layer.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes turning every 5 minutes until it looks golden brown.
- Meanwhile make the mousse. Place all the ingredient for the mousse, except the coconut oil, into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add the melted coconut oil and blend until creamy.
- Pour into small glasses and refrigerate until set.
- Remove the toasted crunch from the oven and allow to cool.
- To serve top the mousse with fresh mango and the ginger coconut crunch.