These vegetable filled muffins make a great grab and go breakfast or light lunch served with a green salad and mayo.
They are packed with protein from the eggs and quinoa and can easily be adapted to use up vegetables you have available.
Olive oil for greasing
100g frozen chopped kale
100g quinoa flakes
6 tbsp nutritional yeast (or grated parmesan)
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
Small sweet potato (approx. 100g), peeled & grated
10g fresh parsley, finely chopped
10g fresh chives, finely sliced
200ml unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan and grease a silicon muffin tray.
- Place the frozen kale in a sieve over the sink and pore over boiling water from the kettle. Remove any large storks and leave to drain and cool.
- Combine quinoa flakes, nutritional yeast or parmesan, baking powder, oregano, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add grated sweet potato, sundried tomato, parsley, chives and drained kale the stir to distribute evenly.
- Lightly whisk the eggs and milk in a bowl add to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Ladle the mixture into the prepared muffin trays and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the muffin tray and leave to cool on a wire rack.