A great little chocolate treat loaded with nutrients, natural sweetness and textured crunch from buckwheat groats. They are naturally gluten free using quinoa flakes and tigernut flour and free from refined sugars which makes them a healthier alternative to shop bought varieties.
- 100g quinoa flakes
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g tigernut flour
- 25g coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 25g buckwheat groats
- 1 small ripe banana (approx. 100-120g)
- 75g mild coconut oil
- 30g 70% dark chocolate
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 50g peanut butter
- 70% dark chocolate melted for drizzling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- Place the quinoa flakes, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon, tigernut flour, coconut sugar, cacao powder and buckwheat groats into a medium bowl and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate over a low heat until melted, allow to cool a little before pouring into a small blender or Nutri Bullet cup.
- Add the banana, vanilla essence and peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients and combine well with a spatula.
- Roll small balls of dough (40g each) in your hands and flatten a little onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes then allow to cool completely before drizzling with melted chocolate.