A perfect little nutrient dense guilt free treat for afternoon tea. These high protein and high fibre blondies are sweetened with only natural sugars from fruit. The fibre and protein from the butterbeans and fats from the nuts will slow the digestion of the sugars and help keep the blood sugars balanced.
65g chestnut flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
1tsp baking powder
¼tsp Himalayan salt
1tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
20g finely chopped pitted dates (optional)
30g chopped walnuts plus extra for topping
400g can butter beans rinsed and drained
1 small banana (90g)
60g pitted dates (soaked in hot water for 10mins)
50ml of soaking water
75g cashew butter
1tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
1tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease brownie tin.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Rinse and drain the butter beans and process along with other wet ingredients until smooth.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients moving quickly but gently until well combined. Try not to over beat as this will knock out the air.
- Put batter into the prepared tin, smooth top and sprinkle with extra chopped walnuts.
- Bake in oven for 15 min if using individual brownie tin and 20-25 for larger brownie tin.
- Allow to cool a little in the tin before removing to cooling rack.