This nutty seedy granola bar is packed full of protein and is low in sugar compared to the shop bought equivalents. Bursting with nutrient dense ingredients, these granola bars are a perfect on the-run-snack or even a quick breakfast.
75g almond butter
50g coconut oil melted and cooled
75g coconut nectar/yacon syrup
1tsp vanilla extract
1 egg whisked
2tsp ground cinnamon
½tsp sea salt
100g rolled oats
75g buckwheat groats
25g shelled hemp seeds
50g flaked almonds
50g pumpkin seeds
1tbsp ground chia seeds
3tbsp ground flax seeds
- Preheat oven to 170°
- Whisk together the almond butter, melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut nectar, egg, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl until well combined.
- Combine all the remaining dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until evenly coated.
- Spoon into a lined, rimmed baking tray, individual brownie tin or silicone cake cases and press down evenly.
- Bake for 15 mins if cooing individual cases or 20-25 minutes if in a larger baking tray until deep golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool completely in the tin before removing to cut into slices.