The combination of nutrient dense berries and vegetables with some health fats and protein from the chia seeds along with hydrating coconut water makes this a delicious and nutritious breakfast, especially perfect for pre or post workouts.
2 tbsp chia seeds
200ml coconut water
100g frozen berries
50g cooked beetroot roughly chopped
50g raw cauliflower roughly chopped
2 dates, pitted or 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Juice ½ lemon
Optional toppings: hemp seeds, flax seeds, goji berries, fresh banana slices, berries, chia seeds, bee pollen, desiccated coconut, cacao nibs, homemade granola
- Place the chia seeds in a jar with the coconut water, pop the lid on and shake well. Continue to shake every couple of minutes until they are well distributed and start to thicken.
- Place in the fridge for 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- When ready to serve, place the soaked chia seeds in a nutri-bullet along with the frozen berries and blend to breakdown.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate generously with your choice of toppings.