These grain and nut free bagels make a great alternative from shop bought versions which are often made with refined flour and sugar as well as many preservatives. The pumpkin, flax and chia seeds are all rich in protein, fibre, calcium and omega 3 fatty acids, which helps reduce inflammation, making this a nutrient-dense bread substitute.
40g pumpkin seeds
40g flax seeds
10g chia seeds
Large pinch of salt
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
¾ tsp bicarbonate of soda
¼ tsp garlic powder
50g sundried tomato finely chopped
25g avocado oil
1 tsp honey (optional)
½ tsp apple cider vinegar
Onion granules and flax seeds to sprinkle
- Pre-heat oven to 180 ºC and grease bagel pan.
- Grind pumpkin, flax and chia seeds to a powder in a nutri-bullet or blender.
- Mix well in a bowl with the salt, herbs, garlic, bicarb and tomatoes.
- Blend eggs, oil, honey and apple cider vinegar in a nutri-bullet until creamy.
- Add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour into the bagel pan to ¾ full and sprinkle with onion granules and flax seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until browned and toothpick comes out clean.