This warming spiced soup is full of anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients. The beta-carotene found in the orange vegetables are a great anti-oxidant protecting the body from free radical damage and the curcumin found in turmeric is renowned for its anti-inflammatory properties and provides a good source of magnesium and B6.
1 tbsp avocado oil
1 onion diced
1 carrot diced
1 celery stick diced
15g fresh ginger diced
1 large garlic clove minced
1½tsp ground turmeric
¼ tsp ground black pepper
¾ tsp Himalayan salt
450g butternut squash peeled and cubed
200g sweet potato peeled and cubed
400g can coconut milk
400g water or veg stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and then add the onion, carrot, celery and ginger and sauté for 5 mins over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic and spices and continue to cook over a low heat for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the butternut squash, sweet potato, coconut milk and water (or stock), bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked through blend with a stick blender, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Serve hot topped with fresh coriander, seeds and a drizzle of truffle oil or pour over shredded spinach and stir until wilted.